Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Beloved Myki


Gentle eyes that see so much
paws that have the quiet touch
Purrs to signal "all is well"
and show more love than words could tell

Graceful movements touched with pride
a calming presence by our side
A friendship that takes time to grow
Small wonder why we love them so

~Author unknown~

Tragically I had to put him down last year when he became unexpectedly ill. Congestive Heart Failure. I didn't know animals could suffer from that and was only sick for 5 days. He had been my sole companion for the last 8 years as I was his since I got him when he was 7 weeks old. We were together 24/7 and I miss him beyond description. He provided me with the opportunity to hear my own voice and to have something to cuddle. To have a physical connection with another physical body. He had a language that I undertood and would talk frequently. He was my total joy. I will never have another since I can't go through the grief of another loss.

I have had pets my entire life, mostly cats, my favorite, but he was very, very special. Perhaps because we NEEDED each other. As strange as it sounds, occasionally he comes to visit. His nighttime bed was in my clothes closet and sometimes I hear him jumping down from his bed in the middle of the night. There is no reason for this sound to occur and there is no explanation but it is lovely to think that his spirit might come to visit from time to time. Perhaps it does. I have many stories I could share about animal visits from the beyond. For another time perhaps.

~ Tutte ~