Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tutte Pige


My middle sister Lilian, Myself and my older sister Lis.

I have lived in silence and without hearing my own voice for two weeks and surprised myself as I walked into the kitchen a few minutes ago and said out loud, 'Tutte Pige'. Literally translated, it means Tutte Girl.

I was enveloped with a rush of memories from my childhood when everyone would use that as a term of Endearment. It left me with very warm and loving feelings. Wish someone would call me that again. I am still that little girl. None of us ever grow up really, do we? We just find ways to act and express ourselves differently in order to function in the adult world filled with responsibilities. Our hearts remain vulnerable and full of hope regardless of all life's challenges.

~ Tutte ~