Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tomorrow is a New Day


I desperately hope that I can wake up and partake of whatever pleasure it has in store for me. I guess it comes back to my expectations or lack thereof. I am so unfamiliar now with that aspect but do enjoy hearing the songs of birds even if I awaken briefly to have a pee. Early morning and the evening hours when the shadows become long and warm are my favorites.

Although I live next to an old forest, there are few birds here and it saddens me greatly. I have always enjoyed watching them and they have been a huge part of my life. Never lived without bird feeders and bird baths. I had visits from Morning Doves, Blue Jays, Chicadees, etc in my gardens. I loved to watch them as they introduced their offspring to me. I miss that so much. As I do everything that lives in a garden environment, great or small. I would get on my belly to study what was living in the undergrowth. Made so many discoveries about the Macro Life that is illusive to our normal point of view. All so magical.

~ Tutte ~