Monday, June 28, 2010

Interrupted Thoughts


I am beginning to come to terms with the fact that I don't know how to live in the real world anymore. It's been 10 years of isolation and little conversation so how could anything ever be the same? I am no longer familiar with having long verbal exchanges and that comes to the forefront when I realized how often my train of thought is interrupted by having words put in my mouth or an unexpected comment or question. I am sure I am guilty of doing that myself. It's part of the conversational process isn't it? When we use the PC for our primary means of communication, it allows us to complete a thought process from start to finish. I recognize how difficult it is for all of us to brown bag (a Hospice term for removing our own agenda) and our need to inject and interrupt. To really LISTEN. How easy it is to misunderstand or misinterpret information based on a snippet of a thought. I learn so much from my brief conversational encounters. Primarily directed towards myself first since I feel like I occasionally dominate a conversation. Perhaps I don't but I am so unfamiliar with speaking now that it seems that way.