Sunday, December 5, 2010

Emerging


I do not define myself by how many roadblocks have appeared in my path; but by the courage I have found to forge new roads.

I do not define myself by how many disappointments I have faced; but by the forgiveness and faith I have found to begin again.

I do not define myself by how long a relationship last; but by how I have loved and have been willing to love again.

I do not define myself by how many times I have been knocked down; but by how many times I have struggled to my feet.

I do not define myself by I have appeared a fool; but by the number of risks I have taken.

I do not define byself by the number of mistakes I have made; but by the knowledge I have learned from trying a new way.

I am not my pain...I am not my past.

I am that which is emerging.

Author unknown.