Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today is My Birthday


Once again as I have done for the last 15 years, I spend it alone. Not sure, one ever gets used to spending all holidays and milestones by oneself. I guess one must.

The last memorable birthday was my 50th. Arch was not ill, or if he was, neither of us were aware. As usual he treated me like the princess he thought I was. He cooked my favorite Prime Rib Roast Dinner served in the Dining Room with tablecloth, Waterford Crystal and Sterling Silverware. But the focal point was the magnificent bouquet of yellow rosebuds in the center of the table. Yellow rosebuds were synonymous with our first date and wedding flowers. In Arch's eyes, nothing was too good for me. The years I worked he had one long stemmed fresh rosebud delivered to my desk every Monday morning. How many husbands do that I wonder? I loved it and adored him for the gesture.

On a positive note, I had over 70 birthday greetings, a phone call from my step-daughter and a missed called from my son Ryan in Japan. We will reschedule. Can't wait to speak with him.

~ Tutte ~