Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Watching Other's Fly


I find it so difficult today to hear about the holidays and excursions others have the opportunity to enjoy and many take for granted. I have never been Envious in my entire life but I am today. The last 3 day holiday I had was in 1998 to visit my step-children. Prior to that was a 3 week visit in 1986 to Denmark, paid for my best buddy Allan whom I hadn't seen in 17 years. He passed away 2 years ago and I still miss him enormously. He would phone every weekend and we would chat for 3 hours. He was the only connection I had to my mother tongue and memories of Denmark. The best friend anyone could ever have. How fortunate I was/am. Since then, I have only left my town on three one day excursions. I loved to travel and still wish I could but it isn't possible. Now I do it via the Net. Thank God for that.

~ Tutte ~