Friday, August 6, 2010

The Void


This represents the last 10 years of my life. Since I became disabled and alone, I have been swimming in a huge Ocean of VOID. I have no memories as one lonely day melted into another. The silence has been profound. Who can possibly relate??? I have gone 3 months in the past without having a conversation except for the grocery clerk. Having lived a life filled with conversation and laughter it's very difficult to come to grips with. Not sure I ever will but I am caught in a trap. Self-imposed I have to admit. I have nothing in common with anyone anymore and feel totally misunderstood. In order to protect myself from being reminded, I have isolated myself. It isn't healthy I know but the disparity between my lifestyle/experience is so far removed from anyone else's. I don't know what else to do.

~ Tutte ~