Saturday, August 7, 2010

Childhood Memories


I just stumbled upon this image tonight and it brought back so many sweet memories of the summer holidays I spent on the Island of Fano off the west coast of Denmark where my mother came from. It is only 3 miles across and 14 miles long but the entire west side is one long stretch of beach facing the North Sea. The only difference between she and I was that I carried my favorite doll and I was blond. I will include a picture to show the charm of the houses which were all thatched. There was no electricity or running water and life was very primitive in comparison to today. I feel so grateful to have experienced a foot over the threshhold between Then and Now. Life was so simple then. I am truly blessed to have these memories along with 1000's of others.

~ Tutte ~