Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thoughts


Thoughts have great power,
they are like seeds you plant in your mind.
The more you hold onto a particular thought,
the more power you invest in it.
Positive thoughts give us energy and strength.
Negative thoughts rob us of power
and make us feel tired and strained.

We are by nature positive.
Negativity is the result of faulty thinking.
You can change if you want to.
You can't control other people,
situation or circumstances,
but you can control what is going on inside you.
Be patient with yourself.

It takes time to change and transform those old patterns of thinking.

~Unknown Author~

This really resonates with me on so many levels. Find it to be true since I have observed this throughout my life. Thankfully I have become quite aware of when my negativity predominates my thinking and why I spend most of the early morning hours trying to create new pathways. I have made some headway but it seems a never ending struggle since there is nothing positive that enters my life whether physically or emotionally at the moment to come to my assistance.

I always remember Viktor Frankl, noted Psychiatrist and Holocaust Survivor's quote.

"The last great freedom of man is the freedom to choose his attitude under any given set of circumstances."

~ Tutte ~